Sunday, March 06, 2005

Not Alone Recipes

So I lied. It was pointed out to me that I am not alone since I have a cat. Well, now I really have two cats as of two days ago. Lilifur (mostly white long hair calico) is 7 months old and Olifur (short hair Bengal) will be 2 years old tomorrow. They need me and I need them. Which is a logical basis for relationship in my book. Of course there is love involved too.

I also have a loving family circle close in proximity (or at least in heart). I have a small circle of dear friends that are like family too. So I really am not alone at all. That confession off my chest, on to a more interesting subject. This blog was not about being alone anyway. Just a place to ramble and maybe share my ramblings. I like the name of my blog though, So it stays.

In my ramblings today, I am adding a couple of recipes to my files and thought this would be the easiest way to share them.

Mom’s Favorite Brunch Casserole

6 Eggs
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheese
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup finely chopped ham
1/2 can (8 oz) pasteurized process cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 12x8-inch baking dish.

2. Combine eggs and yogurt in medium bowl; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in Cheddar cheese and pepper.

3. Place ham in prepared baking dish; pour egg mixture over ham. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Use process cheese to write “MOM” or other desired message on top of casserole; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.

Males 10 servings

Variation: Substitute 1 pound bulk pork sausage, browned and drained, for the ham


Polish Reuben Casserole

2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/3 cups milk
1/2 chopped onion
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 cans (16 oz each) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
1 package (8 oz) uncooked medium-width noodles
1 1/2 pounds Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup whole bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted

1. Combine soup, milk, onion, and mustard in medium bowl; blend well. Spread sauerkraut into greased 13x9-inch pan. Top with uncooked noodles. Spoon soup mixture evenly over noodles; cover with sausage. Top with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter in small bowl; sprinkle over casserole.

2. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake in preheated 350 F oven 1 hour or until noodles are tender. Garnish as desired.

Makes 8-10 servings

ENJOY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home